This level of education Headline Animator

Friday, August 28, 2009

COKE, PEANUT PLANTERS, AND ‘BUY GUAVA’


Since the time I can remember things well, I and my family have been into coke drinking. We would often have cases in the storage room for family and visitors consumption. Up until I was schooling I have not gotten over the desire for coke with peanut planters. There were times when we run out of stocks as well as budget. So, instead of sleeping after lunch, I would secretly climb up the guava tree through the window of the bedroom, and pick some ripe fruits. Since I have this houseboy deliver me to school, I did not have so many problems carrying a bagful of guavas in addition to my school things. During recess time, my classmates and my teacher would come and buy all the guavas I have. They love it as much as I do, but. I like to drink my coke and eat my peanut planters. So, when I get everything sold, I ran to the store and get my favorite coke and peanuts in a sachet. Up until this time I love coke with peanuts, but my siblings would never forget to tease me with the namesake they were used to call me “buy guava”.

No comments:

Post a Comment