This level of education Headline Animator

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

VEIL AND LESSONS


As a returnee to the Islamic faith, I have not only strived to do and follow all the guidance that I found appropriate to survive in the 21st century living. The simple thing of wearing a veil and a proper clothing in front of other people have also become a usual and ordinary thing for me. I have felt comfortable in it because it means simplicity.

But, lately, I thought of enhancing myself to get to a new work. Since its summer time, i went to a parlor to get my hair cut short. Before the beautician could start cutting some edges, a house lizzard was slowly crawling down right in rim of the big mirror in front of me. I told the beautician "you have a pet here, nice". Must be looking for food, I thought. The idea of a sign also came into my mind as this poor little crawler would always make sounds right before prayer times. Nonetheless, I did not stop until my hair was nicely done.

The whole night, I was not able to catch a second of sleep. But, in the early morning, I pursued my preparation to attend to the scheduled interview and demonstration teaching. So, I took some time to freshen up and carefully put -on some beauty enhancers. I was halfway only when the lights for the whole city went off. There was no advance notice for it. Anyway, using a flashlight, I managed to get things done because I have to make it to my appointment.

After switching off everything, pulling off electric plugs and locking out doors, I went off. I arrived at the venue early, so I thought it would be best for me to take something from the school canteen. After, I would have to go to the comfort room and pee. Then, I pushed the knob to flush out what is in the bowl. Suddenly, all the waters bursted out and splashed all over my pants. Miserable! I was about to shout and cry! But then, I kept my calm and sort of just dusted myself and hope to dry my pants within few minutes ouside. I walked to the wash basin where I could wash my hands. I pushed the knob for water, but, then again the water came bursting out wetting my sleeves. What is simply happening?

Silently, I walked back to the canteen where I could dry with the fan and aircon on. By then, I felt so intimidated, but, I still tried to maintain some poise. Five more minutes to go before the set interview, I went up to see and meet the panel. Gladly, I made it through and was able to reset my demonstration for another day. I was kind of relieved that I was done with the interview. So, I went home feeling good despite interferrences.

However, when I reached home, the rice cooker was sitting there "ON for the last 5 to 6 hours" that I was out! O my God! I could not utter a word! I was stunted for a while. What do all these things mean? It was too much! I had so much! I just felt so exhausted, so I washed and went to sleep. When I woke up, I thought again of all the dissuations, warnings that I got for two consecutive days. All for experimenting. I did not wear my veil.

After all, I was just given an extension to live by Allah. In 1998 I was medically declared to have no more hope to live. I was sent home after 19 days of thorough hospital management. But, after 5 days of praying the Al Fatiha...just praying without much thinking...another pathologist revealed reaxamination results which showed my illness is curable! I was then treated and healed...In other words, I'm a product of miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment